.HABITS THAT SHOW IMPROPER UPBRINGING IN CHILDREN
Please, carefully look into the list below to see where you may want to make amends on yourself or the young ones you are caring for.
Children, if not properly groomed may never get to the top in life, even if the parents are at the top of their career.
Manners take you to where your education can’t take you, irrespective of your status, money or the “who you know” factor
This is not meant to hurt anyone or pinpoint on someone for their upbringing. Its a general message targeted to all the parents of today.
1. Going to your child’s school dressed indecently? Think again.
2. Speaking rashly to your child’s teacher.
3. Cursing, using foul words or swearing in front of your children.
4. Using makeup on children.
5. Dressing with tight clothes and indecently for children (they loose the sense of their princesshood and may not listen to you in future)
7. Your child holds the cup or glassware by the brim and you don’t make a correction.
8. Your children don’t greet and you just feel they will come around one day because they have a mood swing. (You will be blamed for it)
9. Your children eat with their mouth opened and you feel they will grow up some day.
10. Your children brought home something you did not buy for them and you said nothing. (That is the beginning of stealing)
11. They talked back at you and you concluded it’s okay since you’re a 21st century mummy. (You will hate yourself if they do that outside and they are disciplined)
12. They interrupt when you are speaking with another adult and you think they are bold and clever. (It’s really bad manners)
13. They exercise authority over their nanny and domestic staff and you let them be. (That is bad parenting)
14. They say things like “my driver is on his way…”
I am not an advocate that children should call your domestic staff aunty or brother but, calling them by names when they are not young people is not poise either. The use of Miss, Mr or Mrs will look good on them.
15. Your children don’t say- ‘Thank you’ when they have been helped or served something. They don’t know how to say “please” when they need someone for help; and you are cool with that. (Bad parenting)
16. When your children cannot stand children who are less privileged.
18. When they pick their nose with their hands.
19. When they don’t wash their hands after visiting the washroom.
20. When your children take something from the fridge without taking permission. (Bad parenting)
21. When your children don’t knock on closed doors.
22. When your children don’t collect from your hands the stuff you brought in as you walk in through the door.
23. When your children request for a bribe to carry out their home chores or extra task. (That is disgraceful)
24. When your children act like their grandparents are irritating them.
25. When your children have not learnt to get up from the chair for the elderly or visitors to sit.
26. When your child tells a lot of lies. (You will both cry in the future if such is not put to check)
27. When your child asks “who is that?” at a knock on your door instead of “please, who is there.”
28. When your child is always seated by your visitors when being served drinks etc.
29. When your children still point their fingers at other people.
30. When your children play and jump around when prayers are going on. (age 4 above).
Don’t be a 21st Century parent who cannot correct a child. Train your child in the way of the Lord, so that when he grows up he will not depart from it.
IT IS BETTER TO LET YOUR CHILDREN CRY AT AN EARLY AGE WHEN YOU CORRECT THEM, IF NOT YOU WILL BOTH CRY AT NIGHT WHEN THEY BRING DISGRACE TO THE FAMILY WITH BAD AND TERRIBLE BEHAVIOURS!
May Almighty God never let this be our portion. Amen.
You can do well to circulate this piece to all parents and grandparents that are on your contact list.”
“A STITCH IN TIME, SAVES NINE”
This post was created with our nice and easy submission form. Create your post!