STATE OF THE NATION
A Clarion Call for Mental Revolution 👊🏾👊🏾👊🏾
– By President P. Kagame
1. When a French national cannot speak English, Africans respect him.
2. When a Spanish man can’t speak English, Africans respect him.
3. When a Chinese man can’t speak English, Africans respect him.
4. When a Russian man can’t speak English, Africans respect him.
5. When a Portuguese man can’t speak English, Africans respect him.
6. But when an African man can’t speak English, Africans consider him a joke, illiterate, dumb and stupid
That’s the level or extent of psychological damage we have suffered as a people!
We use English as a yardstick to measure the intelligence of our people, including children!.
In our schools, children are made to believe they’re stupid just because they cannot speak a language alien to their ancestral route.
Africans refer to their language as VERNACULAR – what a Shame!
Dear Africans, put an end to this mental slavery.
Teach your children their mother tongue and allow the locals to feel free in speaking their native language without any stigma or prejudice.
Do not help the oppressors to extend their oppression.
If you come across this post, share widely to spread this message and enlighten an African.
The people around you need to hear this.
It’s a collective effort
By Paul Kagame