May 18, 2023 at 6:12 am - Views: 30 #11441AjalaParticipant
01. Loneliness does not depend on how many friends or relationships you have. You can experience loneliness even when you have a large social circle. It’s about feeling from the rest of the world.
02. More than 60% of lonely people are married.
03. Loneliness distorts our perceptions of our relationships.
04. Loneliness is contagious in social networks.
05. Loneliness actually makes us feel colder.
06. Loneliness makes our bodies feel like under attack.
07. Loneliness is tied to Coronary Heart Disease and Stroke.
08. Loneliness is tied to a lower than average immune system.
09. At top-level universities found that although it’s true that leaders and CEOs often feel a burden on themselves for taking high-risk decisions; they don’t feel isolated or lonely.
10. Lonely people feel even more connected to people; and report fewer feelings of loneliness than you’d expect.
11. It’s not uncommon to feel more alone as you get older. You can feel more loneliness as you age.
12. Sometimes it takes a specific type of friend to ease loneliness.
13. Making friend time a priority, guards against isolation.
14. Sometimes the person who tries to keep everyone happy, is the loneliest person.
15. Loneliness and the feeling of unwanted is the most terrible poverty.
16. Psychologically, loneliness is not about how many friends you have; it’s about feeling from the rest of the world.
17. Loneliness is not dangerous, it’s addicting. Once you see how peaceful it is, you don’t want to deal with people.
18. The loneliest moment in someone’s life is when they are watching their whole world fall apart, and all they can do is stare blankly.
19. It hurts the most when the person that made you feel special yesterday, makes you feel so unwanted today.
20. Loneliness is mainly caused by not being able to communicate the things important to yourself and being misunderstood by others.
21. Self-Discovery – Focusing attention on yourself gives insight into fundamental values and goals, personal strengths and weaknesses.
22. In loneliness you feel self-conscious, anxious, or depressed, longing for interpersonal contact.
23. A psychological study suggests that when you are singing, all you see are happy couples. When you are committed, you see happy singles.
24. When alone, you can act however you feel without concern for what others think
25. While alone you feel calm, relaxed and free from everyday pressures. You fill time alone by watching television, reading, surfing the internet, or engaging in other distracting activities.
26. Being alone helps stimulate novel ideas or innovative expression.
27. Loneliness allows thinking about problems or decisions you face, and you attempt resolution.
28. Although alone, you feel close to someone you care about (absent friend, lover, deceased relative, etc.) the person’s absence only strengthens your feeling of closeness.
29. While alone, you have a mystic like experience (i.e. transcending everyday concerns, being part of a greater whole) which can be interpreted religiously (close to God) or secularly (part of the natural order).
30. It’s very healthy to spend time alone, you need to know how to be alone and not defined by another person.
31. If you want to go somewhere you like but no one else wants to, go by yourself. You will meet people with similar interests as you.
32. Staying quiet doesn’t mean you’ve got nothing to say, it means you don’t think they’re ready to hear your thoughts.
33. Being alone for a long time is as bad for your health as smoking 15 cigarettes a day.
34. In Denmark, There is a national program that urges people to eat together to avoid loneliness.
35. Feeling lonely is a signal that you’re hungry for more connections.
36. You can experience loneliness even when you have a large social circle.
Try this app, it has more than 1000 psychology facts.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.