Category Archives: Society

NIGERIAN NEWSPAPER HEADLINES FOR FRIDAY 25TH NOVEMBER 2022

NIGERIAN NEWSPAPER HEADLINES FOR FRIDAY 25TH NOVEMBER 2022 PUNCH Beware of fraud, opposition warns INEC, APC recants More opportunities for Fintech growth in Africa Congolese group protests killings, seeks France help Nigeria can lead Africa to new age with cryptocurrencies US CEO Stronger measures needed to tackle floods Northern Christians endorse Peter Obi, saysBabachir Lawal…

The Idiots, the Tribesmen and the Citizens

FOOD FOR THOUGHT Unless you understand your role in society, you can never make any meaningful contribution. According to the Greeks there are three types of people on earth, – the idiots, – the tribesmen, and – the citizens. Studies show only 10% of Africans are citizens. The remaining 90% are either tribesmen or idiots.…

Vital Information for Lagos Motorists

This is to notify the general public that you can now view ROADWORTHINESS CERTIFICATE (RWC) validity online. log onto www.dvis.lg.gov.ng Just click on check RWC validity & enter your registration number . VEHICLE LICENSE & HACKNEY PERMIT can be checked by log onto www.verify.autoreg.ng Just input your registration number, select I am not a robot…

12 Signs of Unfriendly Friends

Life is Full of Unfriendly Friends. Many Don’t Die because of Arrows Thrown at Their  Chests but When They See the Throwers SIGNS OF UNFRIENDLY FRIENDS 1. Unfriendly Friends Plot Against you at Night and Laugh with you in the Morning. They Smile A Lot and Act Nice to you, but They are Pulling You…

How I Was Kidnapped by Teenagers on Lagos-Ibadan Long Bridge – Photographer

How teenagers kidnapped me on Lagos-Ibadan Long Bridge – Photographer By  Godfrey George 17th September 2022 A 24-year-old photographer, Olabode Adekunle, shares with GODFREY GEORGE his experience in the hands of kidnappers who abducted him along the Lagos-Ibadan Expressway after his vehicle had a flat tyre What is your name? My name is Olabode Adekunle.…

Is Lagos A No-man's-land

Our Elders talk about the man who was planning.to jump into the river. He had only tried putting out one leg when a crocodile jumped out of the water and snapped its mouth at his leg. I will continue to say these things so it can be drilled into your ears and you won’t say…

SOME NIGERIAN NEWSPAPER HEADLINES, 09/09/2022

SOME NIGERIAN NEWSPAPER HEADLINES, 09/09/2022 Punch World leaders pay tributes, Britain mourns, Charles becomes King Nigerian story not complete without Queen Elizabeth – Buhari Military items, currencies found in Mamu’s residence – DSS Terrorists’ informant, weapons supplier arrested in Abuja, Borno Troops rescue three Chibok girls, arrest terrorists’ informant PENGASSAN threatens 30-day shutdown, Nigeria risks…

Original Values of the Yoruba People

In Yoruba Land, money has never been foremost in Yoruba value system. In our value system money is number six. What are the first five you may ask? 1. The first is làákà’yè – The application of knowledge, wisdom & understanding… (Ogbón and ìmò òye) 2. The second is Ìwà Omolúàbí – (integrity) Someone with…

ISHAQ OLANREWAJU OLOYEDE, QUINTESSENTIAL, STEREOTYPICAL PATRIOT, ICON AND ENIGMA BOW

myview logo

ISHAQ OLANREWAJU OLOYEDE, QUINTESSENTIAL, STEREOTYPICAL  PATRIOT, ICON AND ENIGMA BOWS OUT? Ishaq Kunle Sanni Willam Shakespeare  the  greatest literary  legend  of all times said on marble in his play ‘The Twelve  Night ‘ SOME PEOPLE  ARE  BORN  GREAT, SOME ACHIEVE GREATNESS, WHILE OTHERS  HAVE  GREATNESS  THRUST UPON THEM I am sufficiently  close  to one of…